Sunday, March 4, 2007

Did you all have a nice weekend?


I had a great time pouncing on mom's toes this weekend. I thought she could use a little entertainment while getting over her cold. We sure had fun. She wiggled her toes, and I jumped on them. In this picture I am waiting for the next wiggle. Sometimes I get so into it, that I forget where the end of the couch is, and I fall down. Mom laughs when that happens, and all my kitty friends grin from ear to ear.

To continue my story... Jan. 2006 was pretty good, everyone tried their best to stay warm, including me. I found a great spot near the heater where I could lie down while the heat blew on me.
In February I discovered something wonderful, Fabreeze. I couldn't get enough of it, some kitties like cat nip, I like Fabreeze. Its heavenly scent makes me all happy. I could just rub my face on that blankey all day, hmmmmmm, so nice.

In March 2006, I got a strange itch, it made me crazy. I just couldn't stop scratching my neck, and accidentally ripped a patch of fur out. My mom freaked out and put some gauze over it. But I still couldn't stop scratching, and the hole in my neck got really big. Mom took me to the doctor and I got a shot. Mom and the Vet were contemplating the pros and con's of my situation, trying to figure out what would be worse for me, a depo shot, or an infection. They decided that a depo shot was the least problematic. It's always difficult to treat me, as everything that is put in me effects my liver. So the vet has to weigh very carefully what the right thing is for me. I got an even bigger bandage around my neck. I hated it, and tried to take it off. I threw myself this way and that, but it would come off. Mom was so worried I would hurt myself doing that, so eventually I stopped, just to give her a break. Mom cut my back nails down, and then filed them, trying to convince me she was doing something wonderful and special for me. She called it a pedicure. I am not so sure it was really that special, because now I had no nails to scratch myself with. Eventually the itch went away, the medicine must have done it's job. I was glad the crazy itching stopped, and mom was glad I didn't get an infection.

April and May were good month for all of us. I had no problems. I didn't have any seizures for over a year now, reason to celebrate. I had an occasional drool now and then. Without mom knowing I snuck a little dry food from the other cats, but other than that, all was well. Plastic bags were a new an interesting toy to play with, they made such a nice noise when I jumped on them. I did trash that bag really well.

2 comments:

leslie said...

Hi Peanut. I have a kitty named Morton that is also a shunt kitty. I was wondering how you have been doing lately, and if you have any advice for us? I hope all is well.

Queen Peanut said...

Hi Leslie, I am so very sorry, just found your comment. I hope you're still there, and your shunt kitty is still with you.
Peanut is doing really well, going on 5 years now.
Advise, I'm sure there is something Peanut and I can share, and even point you to some new sites we have found since the last entry.
Unfortunately my computer went, and it too some time to get another one. Haven't been on for some time, I wanted to check back to the beginning, and there you were. I can't tell you how sorry I am that I've missed your entry. If you are still there, please reply.
Peanuts mom