Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Brrrrr


Everyone is trying to stay warm. The Temperatures are dropping again. I hope no one is left outside tonight. It's not fit for man or beast.

Mom and I are still playing on the couch. On the left you see that I am really trying hard to get her toes, and that time I caught them. I spend most of the time under the blanket though, as both of us were cold. Mom complained about my head butting her, but I just needed some more room to stretch out. Practically everyone was
on the couch today trying to stay warm.

OMG, Mommy found the pictures! These were taken on Aug. 21. 2004. I can't believe I was ever that small. Mom calls these pictures intake pictures, as these are the first official pictures that Mom takes of everyone who comes here. She also weighs everyone on the first day they come here. It makes sense, seeing how very tiny kittens can loose weight very quickly. So Mommy checks weights regularly to make sure everyone is growing. I weight in at 14 oz. When there is more than one baby, how is anyone to know who eats more or less. I was one sorry looking baby. Even then my nose was wet, but no one knew it meant that I had a problem. I still had blue eyes then. There is a funny little story about how we got our mom to join us.
My foster mom and Cats Northeast wanted to get our mom, so she could get spayed after we were weaned. Well, my birth mother was a little afraid of humans, so a bait was needed to get mommy into the trap. Someone had a bright idea, use Peanut- she can scream the loudest! So a tiny cage was prepared for me, which was then put into the large trap my mom was suppose to go in. I had to scream for some time before my mom finally came to me, overriding her fears of humans to come to my aid. And so my birth mother was safely caught to be reunited with us, and subsequently spayed. What a trip down memory lane.....

April 2006. Here is Drew smooching with a scratching board, what a little sweety. Nicky kind of had to show him how it's done, but he caught right on. He had his first eye surgery and recovered. I kept teaching kitty manners, but as sweet as he was, he also was a naughty youngster. Trying his best to annoy some of the household members.

Here is Drew hanging on for dear life. Look at those chin-ups. He was getting long and skinny. Despite of his knee problems he ran around with the best of them. He was a good kid while he was with us during his recovery. Mom called him a little cuddle bug. From what we hear through the grapevine- he's still doing his cuddling.





No comments: